Tragically, many children are being exposed to dangerous drugs and substances right from their conception, during development in the uterus or since their birth.
- the mother’s illegal substance abuse
- withdrawal symptoms resulting from prenatal drug exposure unless the child’s mother, during the pregnancy was:
- Under the care of a prescribing medical professional; and
- In compliance with the directions for the administration of a prescription drug as directed by the prescribing medical professional or
- a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD)
You should immediately report this to ChildLine to protect the child. This includes all health care providers.
- Physical therapist
- Certified nurse practitioner
- Registered nurse
- Nurse midwife
- Physician assistants
- Individual accredited or certified to provide behavioral health services